Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What Kevin saw

The fiery edge of night: He caught it!

Hurtling at 70 mph down 95 South this evening, I grew frantic: The sun was setting and the sky looked sublime, with a large dark cloud cutting straight across a melon-hued sky above the sun. Where the contrasting shapes met, an edge flared as if afire.

I speed-dialed Kevin at home: "Grab my camera and go outside. I think this sunset will be a good one." I told him how to turn off the automatic flash on my Canon G-10, and hung up.

It's a seasonal aggravation: As the days shorten, I can't beat the sunset home. Can't capture those colors and contrasts and flares as I drive.

Luckily, tonight there was a new eye peering through my camera, the fresh sensibility of a 17 year old. While he aimed at approximately the same elements I generally do, I believe Kevin saw them in a new, distinctive way. I'm thrilled with these images made by our son. Enjoy. Please click on the photos to enlarge them.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kevin's pics are just lovely. I'm enjoying your blog!

BrideOfPorkins said...

Thank Kevin for me, I enjoyed seeing what he saw, too.

Awesome.

karintracy said...

He caught some beautiful moments. I love the couple holding hands in the last one.